Monday, February 1, 2010

Finally Home!

Hello everyone. I am home safe and sound! I wrote this yeaterday but didnt have internet access so I could not update, but here it is now... Enjoy!

I am about to board the plane for Tennessee and have a lot on my mind so I thought I would write it all out so I could have it later.

Let me first say that I have absolutely no regrets about coming on this trip for the past three months. The Lord has blessed me with this amazing trip and sustained me all the way through it. I am so thankful to him for allowing this to work out. My mind keeps wandering back to the time when I was unsure about whether or not to come on this trip... what a tragedy that may have been. I was so scared of being alone for three months, away from my family, and all of my friends. I guess in the back of my mind I feared that they would be incredibly sad, and that would make me so sad... i know, sounds weird, but was not true at all. i believe this trip has brought me closer to everyone. Everyone has been so encouraging throughout this entire adventure. I cannot thank you enough for all your prayers and kind words.

About my internship... this was truly a dream come true. A dream. I have admired Annie's work for years and never in my wildest dreams thought that i would be able to study under her. Never. It has changed me forever... creatively. I thought I cared so much about my work, but as I witnessed her at work, i realized I didn't care as much as i could. This instantly lit a fire under me, and now, i am to be passionate about each project that I am truly excited about. I was given the opportunity to sit down with her on my last night and chat a bit while we got some work done. It was so incredibly special to me that she wanted to know about me, and what I did, where i grew up, and about what my plans were. She then autographed a book for me telling me to come back and visit her! To have your favorite artist tell you uplifting things and take the time to care, will impact you for life. I have so many new ideas that I cannot wait to put to work!

Leaving New York is a very bittersweet thing for me. New York has become one of my best friends, it romanced me, and now I am forever in love with the city. I know I will be back, I am sorry everyone, but i have to come back. I love it here... SO many creative, driven, people! Even down to the way you dress everyday, it's appreciated, not looked over, or criticized. I have encountered the occasional rude person (and believe me, they exist in Tennessee as well), but more kind, helpful, interesting people who have done so much to help me, and just talk to and inspire me! I also feel like I have really grown up here, forced to do everything by myself, left with a lot of time to think, I have really cherished these times.

I think about all the things I was able to do while I was here.... Seeing the Nutcracker at the NYC Ballet, Hansel and Gretel at the Metropolitan Opera, having an incredible time with my parents in New York that I will never forget. having Wanyne, Jason, and Ashley all come and visit! Seeing the USS New York, watching the Phantom of the Opera with my parents, seeing the Macy's Day Parade! Watching the Rockafellar Center tree lit, attending a Vanity Fair Photo shoot with Annie, seeing The Americans exhibit at the Met, walking in Saks 5th Avenue just to get inspired, swing dancing the night away with new friends, getting lost in the city and discovering amazing places!

I can never forget these times. They have been so wonderful. I am excited to come back to Tennessee! I cannot wait to see all of you! I have missed you all so very much... even the little things. Like the way my grandma always says "Yall stay with us" and my dad aggravating me! I have also missed annoying my mother! ha. Yelling in the car with my sister just because we want to be loud. ALL OF YOU! Dance parties, movie nights, CHERRY SUN DROP!

I can't help but feel like so many wheels were turning for for my future here in New York, and upon returning home, they will come to a halt. I hope there are many opportunities that open up for me in Tennessee, so please be in prayer for that. I just want to be able to do what I love. That's all.

So now the moral of this post, Please, I implore you, chase your dreams. Do what you were created to do while we are here on Earth for this short time to glorify God! never let anyone tell you that you cannot do anything, God has already made it all possible. He has everything planned, even to meeting the right person on a subway or at a restaurant. Sure, it is terrifying, but so incredibly worth it in the end. Nothing hurts me more than to see those I care about settling for less than their dreams.

Wow, thats a long post, hope you all read it tho! See you soon! And please keep reading the blog, I will now be posting with shoots and information about the Pinocchio shoot with all the behind the scenes stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment