Friday, January 22, 2010

YESTERDAY!

The past two days have been amazing. I got the opportunity to assist Annie at a Vanity Fair shoot! It was absolutely the most incredible thing I have ever done. In two days I have learned more in photography than I did at school. Seeing the amount of work, time, and care that went into absolutely every detail was so incredible inspiring. The reason I was so excited to be there was because I was getting to witness someone work, who truly cares, so deeply about what they are creating. Being around that was incredibly inspiring.

I know that is the feeling i want to have... to know what I am doing is what God has planted a passion in my heart to do. So many times we think that we have to do what we can to make a large paycheck. No. Money will come and go, and after all, it's not what makes you happy. God has given us each passions, planted deep within our heart, and if you do what he has gifted you with, and given you an urge to do... then you can truly love your work. It hurts me to see people who are in positions that they could care less about. Leave that and do what you love! I want to see everyone I know and love do something that they are passionate about! I think we have all figured out, no amount of money will ever be enough, so why do we try and suffocate our dreams for that larger paycheck. It just won't work and you can never be content living that way.

Whoa, sorry about the preaching... I just want to see each and every one of you do what you are truly passionate about. GO and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment