Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's Day Polar Bear Plunge!

Hello all! Wayne came back to NYC with me from Christmas break and we had a great time! It is here that Wayne learned that New York is the people watching capitol OF THE WORLD! I love to people watch, and this place is the mecca of all people watching venues. Wayne and I were looking for something to do on New Year's Day, so I found out they were having the Polar Bear Plunge at Coney Island... WE WENT! There were the craziest people there that I have ever seen. Thousands and thousands of people out in the 13 degree weather there to plunge into the icy waters!

I began to wonder, what type of person might do this.... then as I scanned around the crowd, I quickly realized. Let me give you a sample of Coney Islands finest...

Please get in the water sir... no seriously, right now.

This was by far my favorite outfit of the day! After the plunge, those were some soggy diapers.


Speechless...

I chose to post the picture where the people are blocking our Viking friends... you are welcome.

After all that beautiful sightseeing, Wayne and I went to famous Nathan's hotdogs, and it was incredibly delicious! We had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh this is some of your most stunning photography yet! i especially like the bald head/mullet/speedo/life of beers? tattoo.

    just amazing.

    ReplyDelete