Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rainy Day

Well, today Erin ( my friend from MTSU who has lived here for nearly a year! ) and I had big plans to attend a design get together about printmaking in Williamsburg. We tried to get there and the wheels of the subway quickly put that trip to a sudden halt! A lot of the subways were being repaired or serviced today so we had to take multiple buses and walk a ton and about half way there, we decided to call it a day! We ended up stopping by the Brooklyn Flea Market, which we are going back to tomorrow.

When we arrived, the rain was coming down and the vendors were not all there. We found this silkscreen artists that Erin had told me about and we both bought some shirts! Erin had taken a good photo of me with my shirt, but I made a dumb face... ha. Imagine that? So i will just put a pic of my shirt on here. She got one of a squid attacking the Brooklyn bridge!



I got a lumberjack shirt!


After shirt buying we got Papoosas! ha. A Papoosa is a Spanish dish that is basically a stuffed corn tortilla. I got beef and cheese. It was very good, and very cheap! We also saw this awesome yellow house! It was really cool in the middle of all the brownstones.


Erin and I decided to call it a day, because the rain at this point was pretty awful and our boots were getting wet. I went into the city to look around a bit and ate dinner at Two Boots Pizza! It was really good. Here are a few pics of the inside.



No comments:

Post a Comment