Saturday, November 21, 2009

This day had its ups and downs.

This morning I woke up pretty sick, but made it thru it thanks to some home remedies (thanks mom!) After that it was the afternoon and the day got much better!

I went to Coney Island today. When I visited Kyle this summer we decided to go and visit after dark... we nearly died. I heard it was a much safer place in the day time and it certainly was. It was so beautiful there. I got there right about sunset time and wanted to take a few self portraits with my fancy new tripod that I am very very excited about. It worked out great!

The park had supposedly been sold and is supposed to be torn down, sad, but I understand, at night it is a magnet for crime. I just wish there were a solution where they could fix it up and make it nice, we shall see.

Here is the Wonder Wheel, COney Island's ferris wheel constructed in the 1920s. Kyle and I renamed it the wheel of death I believe... very fitting name. Let's just say we have learned a few things about construction since the 1920s.


It was all caged up so you couldn't go inside... bummer.



An interesting game where a "freak" runs around in circles as you shoot him with a paintball gun... there is not enough money in the world to pay me to be that poor guy.


Sunset from the Pier, as I was sitting here some lady from a German fashion magazine interviewed me and her photo guy took my picture to go inthe magazine... pretty funny, but i thought it was kinda cool. I told her I liked the 50s and such.



Here are some photos from my self portrait session today with my new tripod! WOO! I thought this was a beautiful area of the beach...





2 comments:

  1. those self portraits are great brett!

    i hope you go the name of the magazine so you can look for your picture in it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rae! I hope they email me I can see it! I will tell you what it is... should be funny, she had a hard time understanding me talk! ha

    ReplyDelete