Thursday, November 12, 2009

Today was another great day! I slept in for a while, very tired from walking around everywhere.... my feet hurt sooo bad. When I got ready I took off to the Green-Wood Cemetery. This cemetery was the first one in America! I live 2 blocks from it! The cemetery was at one point even more visited than Niagra Falls! It is very famous,and the likes of Mae West are buried there, along with many other notables.

This is where it gets interesting. There are only two entrances into the cemetery... and the cemetery stretches across 478 ACRES! I had the bright idea of just walking around... and I obviously got very very lost inside. I was there for 3 hours, and I was the ONLY person I ever even saw walking around in there... scary stuff. I eventually found my way out, but it sure was a doozy. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get out before dark... that would not have been fun at all... NO.

Here are a few pictures I took, I thought it was a beautiful place.






After my walk in the cemetery, I made my way to Rockafellar Center, mom told me they were putting it up today! I will certainly be back to see the tree lighting! Cannot wait for that!



I finished up the night with a chat with my parents! We had a good time!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous13.11.09

    love the cemetery pics! I am so glad you get to see the tree progress. I am looking at tickets for January. maybe just maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Man! I didn't know the cemetery had all that in it! I didn't even know you could get inside. I'll have to check it out next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgruntled15.11.09

    STOP WATCHING MAD MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete