Sunday, November 29, 2009

THANKSGIVING!

Hello All! Sorry it has been a while since my last blog! I have been playing tour guide this week, and I am so tired when I get home, but I had time to upload things tonight. As i said earlier, my friend Ashley is visiting and we went to central park the other day and found this amazing bubble artist. He went on for a long time and made bubbles, bubble so large they were the size of an automobile at some times. Here are a few pictures of him and his work.




I am finally uploading pics from Thanksgiving. What a day! Thanksgiving day was one of the most home sick days I have been here. I missed all my family, and all the traditions we do every year ( pass the spoon and such, ha ). But I was equally as excited... The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has been one of my dreams to come and see it on Thanksgiving Day. It's one of those things I thought I would never get to do, and I got to! I am a die hard fan of the parade, I get up and watch the hour long pre-show with Al Roker every year, and see all the behind the scenes stuff... and this year I actually go to go!

Ashley and I met up and went to see the balloon inflation that they have the night before the parade near Central Park. We were expecting a crowd, but no where near the number of people that ended up coming out. It was a rainy, crowded night, but was well worth it to see the balloons being blown up! It was weird because all the cartoon characters looked so sad all tied up on the pavement in nets, but they would have their time to fly tomorrow.




And the parade began! I had to wake up at 4:30 to meet up with Ashley and head to the parade route, but our hard work paid off! We got right on the front row on 42nd street and 6th Avenue. They were the perfect seats!




















The parade was so good, i couldn't stop smiling the whole time! I was so glad to be there. After the parade I made my way over to my friend's house in Park Slope. The friends I made on the airplane introduced me to their daughter who lives one block up and two over from me. She had a wonderful family, and invited us over to Thanksgiving dinner! It was so good. She made four kinds of dressing and all home made pies... so very good. It was nice to have somewhere to go and celebrate Thanksgiving. I am so thankful for them.

All in all, Thanksgiving turned out to be a pretty great day, and I am so incredibly thankful for so many things in my life., including all of you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment