Sunday, November 15, 2009

What a day!

Today was an incredible day! Get ready for lots of pictures... there are a lot on today's post. This morning I woke up and went to the Gallery Church. We had another great service, and it was so good to meet even more creative young Christians in the city today.

After church, I met up with Erin, Donny (Erin's beau) and Emily. We made our way to the Brooklyn Bridge to the Brooklyn Flea Market! It was the most incredible thing i have done here so far. The market was located directly beneath the bridge, and the lot was filled with tents. This was not your ordinary flea market, the vendors had silkscreen prints, hand knitted scarves and hats, a WIDE variety of amazing vintage clothing, letterpress blocks, beautiful furniture, and more! Everything was a bit pricey, naturally, but it was so inspiring to be there and just to look around. I did find a bargain!

I wandered upon this tent with vintage clothing inside, and began looking at the coats. I found an awesome blue heather wool coat that had brass buttons all the way up and down the front. It was a jacket from the Swiss army! The man selling the clothes was from France, and travels there once a year to collect vintage clothing and brings it back here to sell! I BOUGHT IT! It was only $35 dollars and will be sooo warm when the weather goes crazy here.


Erin, Emily, and Donny walking to the market.


Here it is in all it's glory.


This guy could play the guitar like nobody's business.


Emily browsing thru some tunes.


This print was so great, the illustrator was so great, she had an entire table of stuff.


CERAMIC PAPER PLATES! If i had a home here I would have walked away with these!


Saw this mannequin and I wanted to steal the clothes off of it, I want to do a shoot with someone in this... any takers? ha. If i had more money in the bank, I would have walked away with some awesome photo props today. If Lauren Wood ever comes to visit, we would not visit this flea market together, it would probably mean the end of our friendship. Every time we go prop hunting we have this competition on who can get the coolest stuff... it gets pretty nasty. Sorry Lauren... ha.

Below are the papoosas I told you about yesterday! They were there again today! Only 3 dollars too! Here is what they look like... so yummy.



I realize this probably looks cheesy, but I wanted to do this. I walked to the pier beneath the bridge, and it was so incredible... the city makes you fall in love with it.


Then i walked on top of the bridge!


Goodnight all! Off to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.11.09

    yes, i would totally scrap with you over some awesome vintage photo props/costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the street fair thing I went to! It is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete