Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The USS New York

Today I made my way to the USS New York in the New York Harbor. It was so cool. The ship was forged with steel from the World Trade Center. I think it serves as a great memorial to those who lost their lives on September 11th, and to those who are still fighting for our country today. It was cool to see those in line with their NY fire department shirts on, and those who were there that day there to see this amazing ship!









When I left the ship I took a walk around the harbor and snapped this purty picture of the harbor at a dusky sunset. Hope you like it...


On my way to the apple store tonight, I stopped by the Bergdorf and Goodman store on 5th avenue. These pictures are not movie stills from Fantastic Mr. Fox, but actual puppets from the movie set up as the scenes in the small windows in front of the store! It was the coolest thing! As I wandered on down the sidewalk, I ran into some velvet ropes, IT WAS THE MOVIE PREMIERE! Everyone had already gone inside but I was able to catch the aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment